Monday, November 18, 2013

The Importance of Buying Safe Healthy Food

From our House
There are increasing concerns about the quality of our food supply that is available in the local grocery stores.  Is Organically grown food better than the standard grocery store offering?  We have been growing more and more of our own food and it is all organic, in that we do not spray or fertilize with toxic sprays or supplements.  I am careful about which soil additives I use.  If I can find manures that come from animals fed non-GMO grains I choose those first otherwise I have my own compost piles that are composed of kitchen leftovers and yard and garden leftovers.  There are no meat products in my compost piles.
The following link is from the Food Revolution Network.  These guys really know what is going on with our food supplies and are fighting tooth and toenail for better quality control and truthful labeling.  This is a good article on Organic Foods.

http://www.foodrevolution.org/blog/is-organic-better/

No comments:

Post a Comment